- I Want To
- Invest Wetaskiwin
- About Wetaskiwin
- Key Industries
- Food & Beverage Manufacturing
Food & Beverage Manufacturing
The Agribusiness and food processing industry is one of the fastest areas of growth in Alberta, generating billions in sales and accounting for thousands of jobs. The City of Wetaskiwin offers the right mix of labour, land, accessibility, proximity to plentiful agricultural commodities, and business incentives creating the ideal destination for food industry investment.
Wetaskiwin is ideally situated just minutes east of the Calgary – Edmonton Corridor (QEII) as well as the CANAMEX Trade Corridor. Wetaskiwin has the benefit of being close to multiple modes of transportation, including our own regional airport (CEX3). Domestic and International markets are easily serviced through the outstanding connections offered through road, rail and air.
- Fresh water supply from nearby Coal Lake
- Proximity to high-quality raw materials at competitive prices
- Wetaskiwin is located just off the Canamex Trade Corridor linking Canada, the United States and Mexico by road.
- Wetaskiwin is 10 minutes from the Queen Elizabeth Highway (QEII) which is the transportation backbone of the Alberta economy.
- The City of Wetaskiwin is strategically located on Highway 2A, linking Edmonton, Red Deer and Calgary and Highway 13 linking to Eastern Alberta and Saskatchewan.
- Wetaskiwin serves as a junction point for the Canadian Pacific Railway (CP)
- The Edmonton International Airport is 35 minutes from Wetaskiwin
- The Wetaskiwin Regional Airport is located along Victor 301W (low altitude air highway between Calgary and Edmonton), just outside of the Edmonton control zone.
- There is a diverse workforce at comparatively low wages with a high percentage of occupations in the transport/equipment operator’s category.
- Wetaskiwin was one of the first Alberta Communities to partner with Telus on installing PureFibre servicing throughout the City ensuring all businesses, residents and institutions have access to the fastest internet speeds.
- The City of Wetaskiwin offers a 3-year Industrial Tax Incentive for new development (year 1: 75%, year 2: 50%, year 3: 25%)
- The City of Wetaskiwin does not charge machinery & equipment taxation
- Alberta’s Corporate Tax Rate is 8%