Property Assessment

The assessment of your property is shown on the assessment notice which is sent out in March of each year. Property assessment is the estimated market value of your property, which is then used to calculate property taxes.

Assessment Disputes

If you disagree with the assessment of your property, you have the right to appeal it. Get more information about the steps you need to take to appeal your Property Assessment HERE.

Please contact Accurate Assessment Group Ltd. and speak with Bob Daudelin, Regional Assessment Coordinator, toll free at 1.877.438.2305.

If, after speaking with an assessor, you still do not agree with your assessment, please speak with the assessor about the assessment appeal process. The assessment appeal deadline will be indicated on the front of the assessment and tax notices. It is important to note Section 460(6) of the Municipal Government Act, Chapter M-26, RSA 2000 states "A complaint may be made about a designated officer’s refusal to grant an exemption or deferral under a bylaw under section 364.1".

For a complaint to be heard by an Assessment Review Board, the complaint form must be completed and filed with the Assessment Review Board clerk along with the appropriate fee established by Council. If an Assessment Complaint is to be handled by an Agent, the Assessment Complaints Agent Authorization form must also be filed.

Assessment Review Board Complaint Form (PDF)
Assessment Complaints Agent Authorization Form (PDF)
Compliance Review Form (PDF)
Assessment Appeal Fees (PDF)

Assessment Appeals can be dropped off in person to:
Assessment Review Board Clerk
4705 - 50 Avenue

Assessment Appeals can be mailed to:
Assessment Review Board Clerk
Box 6210
Wetaskiwin, AB T9A 2E9

Education Property Tax

The amount of education tax that each municipality must collect from property taxes is determined by the Provincial Government of Alberta. This amount is pooled and then distributed to all Alberta School Boards on an equal per-student basis. Education property taxes are not subject to control or evaluation by the City of Wetaskiwin and support both the public and separate school systems. All residential and non-residential property owners pay education property taxes.


Do you still have a question? View the Assessment FAQs HERE.