Compliance Certificates

While all City buildings may be closed to the public at this time, please know that we are still here to provide service as much as possible. If you have planning & development questions, inquiries and/or permit applications for submission, please:

Delivery: Drop Box located at North Entrance of City Hall
(4705 - 50 Avenue)

Compliance Certificates

A Compliance Certificate is a confirmation from the City of Wetaskiwin that the location of the building(s) on the site complies with the requirements of the Land Use Bylaw. It does not regulate or enforce building code requirements. A Compliance Certificate is usually required by lending agencies and/or lawyers in the sale of property and/or mortgage approval in order to protect their clients' investments. Standard real estate purchase contracts often require the vendor to obtain a Compliance Certificate. A Compliance Certificate is not a legislative requirement, but rather a service provided by the City of Wetaskiwin. The City does not require you to get a Compliance Certificate.

Compliance Certificate Requirements

  • Completed Compliance Certificate Application Form
  • Real Property Report (RPR) (must be 5 years or newer)
  • Statutory Declaration (only required if the Real Property Report is older than 2 years old)
  • Payment
    • Residential Regular $100
    • Residential Rush $200
    • Non-Residential Regular $200
    • Non-Residential Rush $400

To obtain a Compliance Certificate, please submit the required information to:

City of Wetaskiwin
Engineering & Development
2nd Floor, City Hall
Box 6210 | 4705 - 50 Avenue
Wetaskiwin, AB  T9A 2E9