The City of Wetaskiwin issues sewer usage charges to all properties connected to the City’s sewer system, or that have septic or sewer holding tanks within City limits that deposit the waste to the City of Wetaskiwin Sewage Treatment Facility.
Sanitary Master Plan
The City of Wetaskiwin (the City) retained Associated Engineering to complete an update to their Sanitary Master Plan (2014), which includes an update to the City’s existing sanitary model. The model updates will allow the City to plan and budget for infrastructure upgrades and system expansions to accommodate growth.
The project objective is to provide an update to the existing Sanitary Master Plan including planning and budgeting of infrastructure upgrades and system expansion to accommodate City growth. The scope of the project includes:
- Convert and update the existing sanitary model using PCSWMM software and the June 2018 Infrastructure Grid Map, respectively. Conduct a flow monitoring program over the summer of 2020 to obtain flow and rainfall data to calibrate and validate the model.
- Use the updated model to complete and document the following tasks for the City:
- Identify and address any capacity issues within the existing system.
- Use the future growth scenarios, which were previously created in collaboration with the City Planning Department, for the 2020 Water and Storm Master Plan updates.
- Develop future sanitary models for the future growth scenarios, including an ultimate system scenario (future development to City limits).
- Identify high-level sewer size requirements for future growth scenarios.
- Provide cost estimates for the recommended improvements to the existing system, system upgrades and future expansion.
Read the full Sanitary Master Plan.
Did you know? Flushable wipes do not break down in sewer systems—despite claims otherwise.
View the current bylaws HERE.
|Ratepayer Classification||Consumption Charge (billed bi-monthly)|
|Residential (weeping tile connected to sanitary)||$1.25 / m3 of water consumption|
|Residential (weeping tile not connected to sanitary)||$1.00 / m3 of water consumption|
|Commercial / Industrial / Institutional||$1.25 / m3 of water consumption|
|Property Type||Fixed Bi-Monthly Charge|
|Residential Properties (Single Unit)||$53.30 per unit|
|Residential Properties (Multi-Unit)||$53.30 for the first unit; $26.65 for each unit thereafter|
|Commercial / Industrial / Institutional||$99.20 OR consumption at a rate of $0.6740 per cubic metre (whichever is greater)|